Re: Knowing new item in table...

From: "Jason Wong" <postgresql(at)gremlins(dot)com(dot)hk>
To: "macky" <macky(at)edsamail(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Knowing new item in table...
Date: 2001-08-03 08:56:14
Lists: pgsql-novicepgsql-sql
The best way to do this is probably have an auto-increment field in your
table. When your script runs it checks and stores the highest value in that
auto-increment field and compares with the value it had the previous time it
was run. It then returns all records greater than the previous value of the
auto-increment field.

regards
--
Jason Wong