Re: [INTERFACES] ResultSet.getDate

From: "Tim Joyce" <tim(at)hoop(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Peter Mount" <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>, "paneris messageboard" <paneris(at)messageboards(dot)paneris(dot)org>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ResultSet.getDate
Date: 1999-11-15 11:29:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> > Peter,
> >
> > >The date and time methods are being rewritten for 6.6 as they can't
handle
> > >some of the different time zones.
> >
> > Thanks, can I set postgres to pass dates to JDBC in a format that it can
> > understand?
>
> The SET DATESTYLE statement can be used to force the backend to return
> dates in a particular format. The best one being ISO.

This problem is still causing me headaches, I can change the timezone for
the session:

finsbury=> select current_timestamp ;
?column?
----------------------
1999-11-15 06:57:38-05
(1 row)

finsbury=> set timezone='gmt';
SET VARIABLE

finsbury=> select current_timestamp ;
?column?
----------------------
1999-11-15 11:58:37+00
(1 row)

And also for the postgres user (by setting PGTZ=GMT in.bash_profile),
But how do I set the timezone when I start postgres so that dates are always
reported in GMT?

postgresql 6.4
RH6

TIA

timj

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: ho han kengDate: 1999-11-15 13:25:06