Re: How can i set several databases using Win ODBC

From: Corey Gibbs <cgibbs(at)westmarkproducts(dot)com>
To: "'Nicolas Briones'" <nbr(at)designers(dot)cl>,"pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How can i set several databases using Win ODBC
Date: 2002-08-29 19:09:34
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Howdy Nicholas,

Check into DSNless connections.

Once the driver is installed, you can refer to it in your program

dim cn as ADODB.Connection
dim rs as ADODB.Recordset

cn.Open "Driver={PostgreSQL};Server=server4;Port=5432;Database=foobar;Uid=postgres;"

at that point you can point to another database besides foobar

Once the driver's been installed and registered on teh workstation, this method will work.

hope it helps
corey

On Thursday, August 29, 2002 11:18 AM, Nicolas Briones [SMTP:nbr(at)designers(dot)cl] wrote:
> I installed windows ODBC, configure everything, and all runs just fine.
> But now, i need to build another application, using another Postgres
> database, but ODBC only let me configure 1 database. If i try to add
> another postgres DSN, it just show me the first one, and can't add another
> one, only modify the first one... i refuse to accept that postgres ODBC be
> so limited...

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Keith GrayDate: 2002-08-29 22:51:46
Previous:From: Nicolas BrionesDate: 2002-08-29 18:18:17
Subject: How can i set several databases using Win ODBC