RE: Question

From: Michael Davis <mdavis(at)sevainc(dot)com>
To: "'Louisa Thue'" <lthue(at)navarik(dot)com>, "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Question
Date: 2001-07-03 22:26:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

1. Yes
2. Using ODBC.
3. In some cases, yes. In particular, if you use a lot of combo boxes on
your Access forms and queries, they will be slow. I took any tables that
were accessed a lot and updated a little and copied them into Access. I
wrote a script that would refresh the local Access copy of these tables
whenever the server copy of these tables were updated. This was not an
easy thing to do but it really helped the performance of many of my Access
forms.

I hope this helps, Michael