RE: [SQL] RE: [GENERAL] Problem with SELECT on large negative INT4

From: Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard(at)ghs(dot)fr>
To: "pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>, "pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [SQL] RE: [GENERAL] Problem with SELECT on large negative INT4
Date: 2000-01-28 21:41:43
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

Thank to everybody, I recompiled Postgres and tested it on the same DB : the offending SELECT worked, without any index regeneration. Maybe the order in which the items where inserted in the table (using COPY, before creating the index) made it working.
I only had problems with the source RPMs : I installed it (6.5.2), added a patch file for this, recompiled, but wasn't able to get brand new RPM package for installing on my other machines...
What I did for testing my compilation with the fresh "postgres" binary, is installing it in /usr/bin, in place of the other one. Is it the only think to do, or will there be side effects if I don't install more binaries ?
Maybe Lamar Owen could help me getting a fresh patched RPM ?

Nicolas Huillard