AW: [HACKERS] Sequence objects have no global currval operator?

From: Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: "hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: AW: [HACKERS] Sequence objects have no global currval operator?
Date: 1998-07-14 08:18:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers
>Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
>> How about SELECT * FROM sequence_table_name?
>
>Ah, of course.  The man page for CREATE SEQUENCE only mentions getting
>the sequence parameters that way, but you can get the last_value as
>well, which is exactly what I need.

What do you think of making currval return exactly this, only in the
case where nextval was not yet called by this client ?

I don't think anybody does rely on currval returning null iff nextval was not yet called
in his current session.

Andreas

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Vadim MikheevDate: 1998-07-14 11:04:14