AW: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes

From: Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes
Date: 1998-04-30 16:33:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas SARZ <Andreas(dot)Zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at> writes:
> One idea strikes me though:
> 	A standard ODBC Call Level Interface exists !
> Why not try to get the ideas for libpq from there ? Maybe we could even
> implement those same functions.

Hmm.  If we wanted to completely redesign the libpq API, and thereby
break every frontend application there is, this'd be a good idea.
I wasn't looking to do that.  I figured an incremental improvement
to libpq was what was called for.

Yup, I guess that sounds more sane and doable. It was just a thought.

Andreas

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Jose' Soares Da SilvaDate: 1998-04-30 17:43:37