RE: postodbc not working

From: Rob den Boer <rdboer(at)hrs-rotterdam(dot)nl>
To: "'Mark D(dot) Seeley'" <seeley(at)par1(dot)net>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: postodbc not working
Date: 1998-03-27 07:09:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Op donderdag 26 maart 1998 20:08, heeft Mark D. Seeley
[SMTP:seeley(at)par1(dot)net] geschreven:

>I downloaded postodbc 0.35 from postodbc.magenet.com (although the ODBC
Data
>Source Administrator reports it as being version 0.31.0000) and managed to
>get it to work with Postgresql 6.3 (how does one get postgres to report
the
>version running?) without any recompiling.

I too have the magnet 0.35 odbc driver (found a binairy distribution on
their site...)
It is working with pgsql 6.3, BUT ... I have serious problems:

1. when connecting with the DB, Win95 is swapping heavily for a few minutes
before showing the tables. It seems like it is allocating huge amounts of
memory ...
2. tables with varchar, char(nnn) or text crashes when updating a record,
or adding a record,
indicating it is trying to allocate to much memory (looks like a long int
number)

regards,
Rob den Boer