Backing Up Partial Databases

From: "Duncan McDonald" <duncan(at)gpats(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Backing Up Partial Databases
Date: 2006-10-26 03:08:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

I was wondering whether there was a way to back up partial sets of data as
INSERT statements? Pg_dump seems only to handle whole databases or tables.

I have two identical databases (primary and backup) and I need to transfer a
small portion of missing data from one to the other. Is there an easier way
to do this rather than SELECT-ing the interval then parsing the ouput to
look like INSERT statements?

Regards,

-Duncan