Re: SpreadFirefox

From: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Neil Conway" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,"PostgreSQL advocacy" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SpreadFirefox
Date: 2004-10-22 11:58:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> Neil Conway
> On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 08:34, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Perhaps we could join in directly? Kind of an alliance thing....Josh?
> >
> > How about a "PostgreSQL Development Community" supports Firefox?
>
> What does PostgreSQL have to do with Firefox? They are OSS projects that
> cater to _completely_ different groups of users, share no code, and
> share no common history.

The idea is somewhat off-the-wall, I grant you...

They are OSS projects as you say, so I say YES they do have common history.

_completely_ different groups of users: YES, so we're saying 100% of them
would be new to PostgreSQL - isn't that what we want?

Share no code: YES - so no conflicts then, no barriers to working together.

Alliance, friendship: we support them, they support us. Synergy..... just
like OSDL. This is something that costs a little time, few dollars.

I'm all ears for more effective plans.... the trouble is marketing is mostly
grind, few ideas are hugely exciting.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs