Could not open relation with OID (table partitioning issue?)

From: "mark" <dvlhntr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Could not open relation with OID (table partitioning issue?)
Date: 2010-11-15 14:22:17
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi all

Running Postgres 8.3.7

Are there any known issues with table partitioning and transactions having a
child partition getting removed out from under running queries?

I got an error in my log about not being able to open a relation with OID
XXXXX from a SELECT statement that ran about the same time that a cron job
may have removed some of the older table partitions. (that may or may not
have been visible to select query)

Right now I have been checking but I can't find anything wrong with the
database so it doesn't look like I have any db corruption issues or the like
currently.  there is some hate in the logs about it for a while and then the
database was restarted.

My best guess is that a the clean up of old partitions yanked a table out
from view.. Kind of like when you run a \d at the same time a table is
dropped.

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas ?

-Mark

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: peterDate: 2010-11-15 14:47:01
Previous:From: LewDate: 2010-11-15 13:36:12
Subject: Re: Reasons for creating linking tables?