Re: TODO question

From: "Pavlo Baron" <pb(at)pbit(dot)org>
To: "Vince Vielhaber" <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TODO question
Date: 2001-12-27 22:54:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber:
> INSERT INTO foo(a,b) values(1,2,3);

sorry, but I'm a little bit confused: what should or should not happen with
this:
if I execute this INSERT on a table having 2 cols, an error is generated:
ERROR: INSERT has more expressions than target columns

has it already been fixed? or what should be exactly disallowed? every time
I execute such statement with any cols/vals combination having different
cols/vals number it fails. Should it be allowed now?

rgds
Pavlo Baron