template0

From: "Marcel Wolf" <mwolfs(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: template0
Date: 2004-02-05 21:53:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

Guys
I am trying to log on to the template0 to create a new database. The
error I get is ..

Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL:
Database "template0" is not currently accepting connections .

How do I get the template0 to accept connections? I can get template1
to accept them. But then I have a problem with new databases inheriting
tables from the first database. My pg_hba.conf file is

# TYPE DATABASE USER IP-ADDRESS IP-MASK
METHOD

local all all
trust
# IPv4-style local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
trust
host all postgre 192.168.1.5
255.255.255.0 trust

# IPv6-style local connections:
host all all ::1
ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff trust

Thanks for the help
Marcel Wolf