Seeking PostgreSQL DBA.
Polimetrix, a venture-funded startup based in Palo Alto,
developing databases, analytics, and infrastructure
for political polling and opinion measurement
is looking for a PostgreSQL database administrator.
The work required falls in 3 areas:
1. Configure, tune, test, and maintain production database which
serves as back tier for web applications. Design and implement
2. Assist the survey operations staff in developing reports and
analyzing performance. Write ad hoc queries, design ETL processes,
maintain GUI front-end for staff access.
3. Provide support and advice for developers writing applications
that access the database. Our database and web servers run Linux
and all development is on the Linux platform. Applictions are
written in Python. Staff use both Linux and Windows workstations.
Skills required include:
* Expert understanding of PostgreSQL
* Demonstrated ability to write PL/pgSQL code
* Knowledge of database design and optimization best practices
* Strong Linux experience, able to write Bash or Python scripts
* Familiarity with statistical analysis packages like R, SPSS, or SAS
This position is a great opportunity to join the company while
we're still small (under 20), but growing. Both DBAs with extensive
experience and junior people who can demonstrate the requisite skills
are encouraged to apply.
Please contact me directly by email.
Dir. of Information Systems -- Polimetrix, Inc.
364 University Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94301
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Michael Fuhr||Date: 2005-03-31 19:09:57|
|Subject: Available for PostgreSQL or other work|
|Previous:||From: Adam Michaels||Date: 2005-03-22 22:09:25|
|Subject: Part Time PHP/Postgres programmer|