database access via c++ program...

From: "Emilio Uy III" <emilio(at)qncos(dot)nec(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: database access via c++ program...
Date: 2002-06-26 03:22:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, my name is Emil, I am a software engineer at NEC, Japan. This is not in
any way related to my work, but I am that interested in cygwin that I
installed it on my own PC and right now I am enjoying it. Your work is a
good one really, I appreciate what you guys are doing.

I am just wondering, because I have installed PostgreSQL on my Cygwin
(Windows NT) and this is my first time to attempt a dive into the database
realm. I am not sure of this, but there should be a way to access a database
through say, a C++ program. Right now my Cygwin-PostgreSQL database is
working fine, I was able to create databases and tables, view them, modify
the contents, etc. But what I really want to do right now is to create a
simple program that would successfully connect to my PostgreSQL databases (i
have to specify the database i assume). Just a 5-liner maybe, just to test
the connection.

I tried and looked for some sample codes in the internet but I cant quite
find a good one. I hope you guys can help me.

My PostgreSQL is running okay, i just dont know what functions should be
called, what header files to include, etc.

Thank you for your time guys, and i hope to hear from you soon.

PS
Maybe in the future, when I get to know a lot about Cygwin, I would
contact you guys and join your support group probably... :-)

Sincerely,
Emilio Uy III

          Emilio Uy III
        エミリオ ウイ III

     NEC通信システム九州(株)
 <メイル>  emilio(at)qncos(dot)nec(dot)co(dot)jp
          e(dot)uy(at)pgs(dot)com(dot)ph
          emil_uy_iii(at)docomo(dot)ne(dot)jp
 <携帯電話> 090-24510266
 <家電話>   092-8839411