postgres sql setup on win32

From: "Bhat, Satish" <Satish(dot)Bhat(at)necsam(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres sql setup on win32
Date: 2004-07-13 20:33:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi All,
    I just compiled and installed the postgresql on windows xp using
MinGW env.
    What are the next steps to start running it?
    When I run the postmaster, I get the following error :

"
execution of PostgreSQL by a user with administrative permissions is not
permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
possible system security compromise.  See the documentation for
more information on how to properly start the server.
"
Any help?

Cheers,
Satish

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Mark RumerDate: 2004-07-13 20:56:34