Help with a very newbie question...

From: "Cristian Prieto" <cristian(at)clickdiario(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help with a very newbie question...
Date: 2005-02-22 19:45:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I want to create a view or a sp which returns NULL if nothing is found and a recordset if the user is found

I wrote something like:

CREATE sp_getuser(name, pass) RETURNS record AS
$body$
DECLARE
retval RECORD;
BEGIN
SELECT INTO retval * FROM Users WHERE userid=name AND passwd=pass;
IF NOT FOUND THEN
RETURN NULL;
ELSE
RETURN retval;
END;
$body$
LANGUAGE plpgsql;

What is wrong with that function? I guess I could create it as a View but I don't know how to pass parameters in a view, somebody could help me with this?

Thanks a lot!