Re: Case-sensitive problem in AS clause?

From: "David Johnston" <polobo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "'dmp'" <danap(at)ttc-cmc(dot)net>, "'Laurent Mazuel'" <lmazuel(at)antidot(dot)net>, "'PostgreSQL JDBC'" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Case-sensitive problem in AS clause?
Date: 2012-07-16 16:49:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Does the "isCaseSensitive(int)" function return whether the "value" stored
in the column is case-sensitive or does it return whether the "name" of the
column is case-sensitive?

The OP is using it to determine whether the "name" is case-sensitive - which
it is always.

My assumption is that it would indicate whether the "value" is
case-sensitive - which is also true because varchar/text is case-sensitive.

The fact that different fields may or may not be case-sensitive supports
this since the "case-sensitive" property of a column "name" should be
constant throughout the database/product.

David J.