SSL use

From: "ruel(dot)cima" <ruel(dot)cima(at)facinf(dot)uho(dot)edu(dot)cu>
To: <php-general(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SSL use
Date: 2005-04-22 20:38:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

hi,

im handling some important information that needs to be stored in my
postgresql database via a php script. i´ve been reading the mails sent on
this mailing list on SSL use. my postgresql server allows SSL connections
but im not sure how to make use of this.id like to know more about ssl and
how to take advantage of its security features. any references?

from my php script, do i need to make a special connection to the database
or is the same e.g pg_connect(host= localhost dbname=test user=p
password=p)?

is my information automatically transfered in an encrypted fashion?

thnax

  • Re: SSL use at 2005-04-22 21:21:20 from Michael Fuhr
  • Re: SSL use at 2005-04-23 17:38:44 from Bruno Wolff III