Re: Fw: Redhat 7 and PgSQL

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>
To: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fw: Redhat 7 and PgSQL
Date: 2000-09-29 17:46:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes, it seems that most people think PHP and MySQL were meant for each other
(in fact the developers of both have an alliance of sorts) -- PostgreSQL
support in PHP is very good though, I use PHP for %95 of the web
applications I develop and I have never used MySQL ( I value the data too
much to risk it)..

The PostgreSQL module for PHP is without a dedicated maintainer though,
which could be a problem in the future -- Sascha Schumann is maintaining it
now I believe (he's one of the main PHP developers).. Someone from my
company has been considering taking it over in order to keep it current as
there are some functions not included in the module that could be there..

(As I type this in Windows 2000, Outlook Express!)

-Mitch