Re: Snow Leopard and PG 8.4 problems....

From: Jan Otto <asche(at)me(dot)com>
To: Jerry LeVan <jerry(dot)levan(at)eku(dot)edu>
Cc: Martin Gainty <mgainty(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Snow Leopard and PG 8.4 problems....
Date: 2009-08-30 10:20:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Jerry,

> I have been able to use just the ip in the host field but Snow
> Leopard seems to have
> broken using a 'name' in the host field... see below.
>
> It appears that compiling pg 8.4 gives rise to libs with
> architecture of x386_64...

hm, i have no problems to compile postgresql on snow leopard. all
linking defaults
to x86_64-architecture on my machine. you have probably installed
macports or
fink and build 32-libs on mac os x 10.5 before you upgraded to snow
leopard?
try removing all references to these 3rd-party libs and try compile
again.

> What sort of magic do I have to use to get a 32 bit version of the
> various libs ?
> ( I don't seem to be able to find where in the make file I can ask
> the linker to
> add the various archs, but I am getting bleary eyed.)
>
> I don't seem to be able to compile python support against the apple
> 2.6 or the macpython
> 2.5 versions (of python).

it works out of the box on my machine: ./configure --enable-python
python 2.6 (delivered in snow leopard) is used and compiles without
any warning or
error.

> Has anyone built a Snow Leopard version of pg with python support?

yes.

> Am I the only one to have problems with dblink on Snow Leopard?

i dont use dblink so i cant say if it is broken on my machine too.

regards, jan otto