Self vacuuming

From: "Alastair D'Silva" <deece(at)newmillennium(dot)net(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Self vacuuming
Date: 2001-04-29 15:24:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi guys (and girls),

Firstly, I must say that everyone has been quite helpful to me while I've
been migrating my database to PostgreSQL 7.1.

One feature I would like to see would be the ability to set a "usage" and
"idle" threshold, so that tables automatically get vacuumed once they have
had more than X insert/deletes and there is less than Y load (however load
may be defined) on the database.

Would this be a particularly hard feature to implement?

Cheers,

--
Alastair D'Silva (mob: 0413 485 733)
Networking Consultant