Re: PostgreSQL 8.1.0-2 WinXP Services

From: <me(at)alternize(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1.0-2 WinXP Services
Date: 2005-11-30 01:05:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

i had similar problems with another piece of software. the problem in my
case was that the system had no network configured and thus no local ip
adress (localhost / 127.0.0.1) either. i'm not sure if pgsql relies on this
ip being present.

on the other hand, you wrote you had 8.0.2 successfully up and running. did
you ever try to reinstall the pgsql version that successfully ran last on
your computer? - just to check if it has something to do with the installer
of the new version or if there is something different wrong with your
machine.

also, there are ways to manually install and setup pgsql without using the
provided installed - this might be some sort of last ressort for you if
everything else fails. of course this would be quite unpleasant as you have
to set up the service and initial databases manually as well.

good luck,
thomas