Re: FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already

From: "Robert John Shepherd" <robert(at)reviewer(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already
Date: 2002-11-20 20:01:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I think for me to locate the source of this problem, I need to
understand a little more about how ODBC 3.0 and the PostgreSQL driver
deals with connection pooling.

Which is responsible for setting the maximum number of connections that
can be available in the pool?

What happens if a request is made for a connection from the pool when
none are available for use from that pool, AND no more connections are
available to the server?

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.

Editor
DVD REVIEWER
The UK's BIGGEST Online DVD Magazine
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk

For a copy of my Public PGP key, email: pgp(at)robertsworld(dot)org(dot)uk