integer array, push and pop

From: "Ryan Mahoney" <ryan(at)paymentalliance(dot)net>
To: "Oleg Bartunov" <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: "Pgsql Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: integer array, push and pop
Date: 2002-10-21 20:19:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Oleg (and pgsql hackers!),

Recently I encountered a problem attempting to use the integer array
function for pushing an integer onto an integer array field.

Can you write an example of a sql statement for pushing a single value onto
an integer array and for popping a specific value off of an integer array?
I see the function in the documentation, but the actual statement syntax to
use is not clear to me.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Ryan Mahoney