Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and

From: "Reko Turja" <reko(dot)turja(at)liukuma(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and
Date: 2006-02-13 02:09:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> I'm using Sleepycat's copyleft licensing
> option, and nobody can take that copy away from me. Your mail servers
> are probably similar: the copyleft license you already have is good
> enough.

It think the GNU licensing has already been once revoked from bottom up
in US court of law and that might be used as preliminary case if Oracle
wants to press the issue. BSD-licensing is harder to hit that way, but
GPL believability in OSS might be hit hard.

(the pointers to the case in question can be found somewhere on FreeBSD
website - topic was comparation of BSD and GPL licenses)

-Reko