Re: DataBase

From: "Jim" <jim(at)fortunet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DataBase
Date: 2003-01-23 15:44:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/

about halfway down has a section 'Converting from other Databases to
PostgreSQL'
this might help with some of the issues.

if you use system DSN's (file/user/whatever) you should be able to just
create a new one using the ODBC driver to postgresql, and write directly
in... the biggest problem you'll have that way is the table creation - since
unless you used pure ANSI standard SQL datatypes, postgresql probably won't
handle certain types that SQLserver/MSAccess would use.