odbc 8.01.02 8190 bytes limitation

From: "Michael GUIARD" <michael(at)nestor-tech(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: odbc 8.01.02 8190 bytes limitation
Date: 2006-04-24 12:51:05
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all !

I use PostgreSQL database via ado (win32).
I succeeded in storing/retrieving binary format (bytea) to/from database (I use it for images).

But I am limited to 8190 bytes. Is it a way to disable this limitation ?
I saw that the odbc have a MaxLongVarChar option set to 8190. May be my problem come from this, but how can I update this option using ado ?

I saw many posts about this subject but I did not find the solution - may be I am too blind today ;)

thanks
Mike