Re: problems accessing utf8 encoded databases

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: "Mija Lee" <mija(at)scharp(dot)org>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: problems accessing utf8 encoded databases
Date: 2007-09-27 01:08:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mija Lee" <mija(at)scharp(dot)org>

> Hi:
> I'm new to this list and to postgres, so hopefully this won't sound like a
> stupid question. We are trying to connect from sas 9.13 service pack 3 to a
> postgres database version 8.2.4. We are able to do so without any problems when
> the databases are sql-ascii encoded, but get
> ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [unixODBC]client encoding
> mismatch
> I'm able to connect to the same server, different databases that are not UTF-8
> encoded. I have UNICODE=UTF8 as a line in the odbc.ini. We are calling the sas9
> program with a utf-8 encoding option. T
> We are using 8.00.0100, but from what I've read it looks like utf-8 support
> started in version 7.1. I didn't install the driver myself, but is there
> something special I need to do to get utf-8 working with the odbc driver?
> Mija

Um, Although the version of the driver with which you use me may have a problem,
it thinks that support is difficult....Would you use our new driver, supposing it is
It does not reproduce your problem.

We were preparing the now newest release. It is Version 08.02.0500. please see,

Sorry, the newest official announcement was preparing us...

Hiroshi Saito