Closing 5432 to the outside

From: Aarni Ruuhimäki / Megative Tmi <megative(at)iwn(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Closing 5432 to the outside
Date: 2001-09-28 15:41:25
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi folks !

How can I close pgsql port to the outside ? I am accessing pg-databases only
from (the local net and) the server itself via coldfusion so the port does
not have to be visible to eth0 ?

How can I do this ? Is there a start option for this ? I vaguely remember
having seen something about it somewhere but could not find in docs.

Any hint or insight / explanation into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

aarni

I am running RH 7.1 and PG 7.0

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: hodgesDate: 2001-09-29 04:09:28