Re: Re: upgrading RPM query

From: Gary Stainburn <gary(dot)stainburn(at)ringways(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Alan Gutierrez <alangutierrez(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: upgrading RPM query
Date: 2001-08-14 15:49:51
Lists: pgsql-admin
Thanks for that Alan,

However, as the box I was putting it onto is a new one, I am making an effort
to stick to RPM's this time, as much as an academic exerciser as anything

I actually found it quite easy to download the SRPM and build all the binary
RPMs from it.  It also means that if I set up any more RH71 boxes, I can
simply use these RPM's

On Tuesday 14 August 2001  3:28 am, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> Gary Stainburn wrote:
>  > At the risk of starting to stray OT for this list, how do you go about
>  > installing SRPMS - I've never done anything like that before.
> An easier way to do this would be to download the postgresql tarball.
> Download the following:
> tar zxf postgresql-7.1.2.tar.gz
> Read the INSTALL or README file. It will explain better than I.
> Alan Gutierrez - alangutierrez(at)hotmail(dot)com

Gary Stainburn