Re: upgrading RPM query

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Gary Stainburn <gary(dot)stainburn(at)ringways(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: upgrading RPM query
Date: 2001-08-14 17:35:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wednesday 08 August 2001 12:15, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> I downloaded the postgresql-7.1.2 rpms and tried to install them - I had 20
> lines of failed dependancies. I downloaded the RPMS for those, and ended
> up with 70+ lines of failed dependancies.

The current PGDG RPMset will work just fine on RedHat 7.1. There is no need
to get anything else, as RH 7.1 is what I build them on (for now).

Currently the PGDG set is almost identical to what RedHat has in Rawhide.

As to rebuilding from SRPMS, if you have enough to compile from the tarball
you simply:
rpm --rebuild postgresql-7.1.2-4PGDG.src.rpm
and pick up your binary RPMs from /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386.

Much simpler than a hand compile, at least on RedHat 7.1.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio