Re: [INTERFACES] Using mod_python apache module

From: Horst Herb <hherb(at)malleenet(dot)net(dot)au>
To: Jim Hurlburt <jlh(at)yvn(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Using mod_python apache module
Date: 2001-08-03 03:59:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-novice

On Friday 03 August 2001 12:30, you wrote:
> to postgresql. I was able to compile and run the server with only normal
> hassle as I learned how to do it. However, so far I am unable to use
> Pygresql, and my attempt to use PoPy failed with thread issues vs
> mod_python.
>
> I sent an e-mail requesting enlightenment to the maintainer of pygresql
> (darcy(at)druid(dot)net) and have recieved no reply. I hesitate to bug him --
> don't know what the customs are.

Runs flawless here. Just downloaded pygresql 10 days ago and installed it
according to the readme. Works like a charm right out of the box (unmodified
Mandrake 8.0 with PostgreSQL 7.1.2 compiled from tarball with default
settings and Python 2.0) - as long as using the non-DBI compliant interface.
The DBI compliant cursors are buggy.

Horst