Re: Metadata for tables, schema, and numeric

From: Mike Finn <mike(dot)finn(at)tacticalExecutive(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Metadata for tables, schema, and numeric
Date: 2001-07-04 22:48:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
> These functions are fundamentally flawed, because it's impossible to
> determine the table name that a result column came from, except in the
> most simple cases in which case you don't need these functions.

Oh well.
Thanks - again.
Mike

P.S. Just for my own understanding ...
Wouldn't the backend have to know which table and schema(=db) the column came
from just to be able to parse the query for execution?  I would have thought
this is the case and it just that the current protocol does not provide for
this info to be 'released' to the client end.

Mike Finn
Tactical Executive Systems
mike(dot)finn(at)tacticalExecutive(dot)com