Metadata for tables, schema, and numeric

From: Mike Finn <mike(dot)finn(at)tacticalExecutive(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Metadata for tables, schema, and numeric
Date: 2001-07-04 13:56:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Using 7.1 the following don't ever seem to return anything

    getCatalogName(int)
    getSchemaName(int)
    getTableName(int)

has this been implemented in a newer version of the JDBC driver
If yes... where to get it?
If no... is it planned?

As well
    getPrecision(int)
always returns 0 for type numeric(p,s).  I checked the source for the driver
(jdbc2) and it seems to always set this to zero as it is not a type checked
for in the switch list (or cascading if's -- it was yesterday when I checked).

Is this because the backend does not provide this information to a client or
is it simply a matter of little more code to the driver to explicitly check
for a few more types?

gb=> \d customer
                   Table "customer"
         Attribute         |     Type      | Modifier
---------------------------+---------------+----------
 seqcustomer               | numeric(15,0) | not null
 name                      | text          | not null
    <other fields>

and executing this query

    select customer.seqCustomer from customer

gives the following

    getColumnName: seqcustomer
    getCatalogName:
    getColumnLabel: seqcustomer
    getSchemaName:
    getTableName:
    getPrecision: 0
    getScale: 0

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Mike Finn
Tactical Executive Systems
mike(dot)finn-pgsql-jdbc(at)tacticalExecutive(dot)com

pgsql-jdbc by date