Re: function cache??

From: Janning Vygen <vygen(at)planwerk6(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: function cache??
Date: 2001-06-29 15:14:46
Lists: pgsql-general
Am Freitag, 29. Juni 2001 16:53 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Janning Vygen <vygen(at)planwerk6(dot)de> writes:
> > it seems to me that function are not reloaded vene if id rop them and
> > recreate them.
>
> That's hard to believe.  Example please?
>
> 			regards, tom lane

small webpage is grabbing some contactdata.
i have a shell script which drops and recreates datatbase
and the cat the following with

cat sql_commands | psql kontaktdaten

last thing i added was the telephone check
and it seems that the backend just dont care about it.

but i do believe that i did a mistake anywhere else, os i go and search for
it.

>>> file sql_commands

\connect - janning

CREATE TABLE kontakte (
  kontakte_id   serial,
  empfaenger    text,
  anrede        text,
  name          text,
  vorname       text,
  email         text,
  telefon       text,
  firma         text,
  nachricht     text,
  aufmerksam    text,
  newsletter    text
);

CREATE FUNCTION check_kontakte () RETURNS OPAQUE AS '
  BEGIN

        IF NEW.anrede = ''0'' THEN
          NEW.anrede := NULL;
        END IF;

        IF NEW.aufmerksam = ''0'' THEN
          NEW.aufmerksam := NULL;
        END IF;

        IF NEW.telefon ISNULL THEN
          RAISE EXCEPTION ''Bitte geben Sie ihre Telefonnumer an'';
          RETURN NULL;
        END IF;
        RETURN NEW;

  END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE TRIGGER if_kontakte BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON kontakte
    FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE check_kontakte();

--
Planwerk 6 /websolutions
Herzogstra├če 86

fon 0211-6015919