Re: Transferring DATA directory

From: "Jason Minion" <jason(dot)minion(at)sigler(dot)com>
To: <alfred(dot)lau(at)formotionsystems(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Transferring DATA directory
Date: 2006-01-18 17:26:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Does the local postgresql user account on machine B have the correct
permissions for the files you copied over? Also make sure to try
starting postgresql from the command line using pg_ctl, and check your
service properties to get an idea of the command being used there to
attempt to start postgresql. Things like the "-D <path" parameter will
be *very* important.

Jason Minion