Re: [SPAM] - pg_dump - Bayesian Filter detected spam

From: "Jason Minion" <jason(dot)minion(at)sigler(dot)com>
To: <enzovenegas(at)mixmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [SPAM] - pg_dump - Bayesian Filter detected spam
Date: 2005-09-12 17:13:13
Lists: pgsql-php
You'll want to check out possibly using a pgpass file or changing the authentication method in your pg_hba.conf. Relevant doc links are:

To get better security, you would probably want to set up another daemon running as a separate user to send a request to (SOAP, etc) for a backup file. But since you mention you are in an intranet situation it may not be as much of a concern. Also, pgpass file can be a little bit tricky on windows, especially since your apache user likely doesn't have an established %APPDATA% directory. I'd suggest starting with setting trust auth to the apache user for local connections and depending on your security requirements complicating the setup from there.