Re: install question

From: tompoe <tompoe(at)source(dot)net>
To: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: install question
Date: 2001-04-28 03:49:07
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
> > In the install, it says:
> > As of 0.38.0, the Perl Client module is distributed as a separate package.  It
> > is named "Mon-*.tar.gz".  As of 4-Mar-2000, the most recent distribution is
> > Mon-0.9.tar.gz.  Refer to that for installation instructions.

> Which Perl client are you talking about and what install doc are you
> looking at?

ANS:  I'm looking at mon-0.38.21 INSTALL.  It lists modules to download, and
then references the above quote.

There are two Perl modules that PostgreSQL uses, The 'native'
> one, Pg.pm, v 1.8, and the DBI driver, DBD::Pg, ver 0.96, both of which
> are available on CPAN.  The 'native' version is also packaged with the
> main source tree and can be installed as part of the PostgreSQL source
> build.

ANS:   Either I am moving in the wrong direction, here, or haven't come across
anything about the above Perl modules, yet.  Just started.