Re: (one more time) Patches with vacuum fixes available .

From: Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: (one more time) Patches with vacuum fixes available .
Date: 2001-01-25 14:13:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Did we decide against LAZY? Seems we have a number of people
> > concerned about vacuum downtime, and I can see this as a win
> > for them. If they don't specify LAZY, the code is not run.
>
> First sorry that I wasn't able to deal with vlazy earlier.
>
> Now I have one more open item for 7.1 - restoring index structure
> at runtime (add tuple to parent page for aborted split op,
> create root page if no one exists). I'll try to deal with both
> items (in any case vlazy will be ported to 7.1, as required
> by contract).
>
> As for reported problem: I just looked at Denis' tgz and
> found only table, index and sequence(?) data files

I sent users* :-)))

> - I would
> need in schema definitions, pg_log and pg_variable files
> as well. Denis?

I have sent them to you by private mail.
Schema:

webmailstation=# \d users
Table "users"
Attribute | Type | Modifier
-------------------+-----------+------------------------------------------------
id | integer | not null default
nextval('users_id_seq'::text)
account_name | text |
account_pass | text |
blocked | boolean | default 'f'
commercial | boolean | default 'f'
expire_date | timestamp | default now()
num_of_pop3 | integer | default 1
num_of_local | integer | default 1
first_name | text |
last_name | text |
bd_year | integer |
gender | integer |
occupation | integer |
income | integer |
alternate_email | text |
state | integer |
country | integer |
phone | text |
password_question | integer |
password_answer | text |
crypt | char(13) |
last_login_ip | char(31) |
last_seen | timestamp |
registered | timestamp |
in_limit | integer | not null default 30
out_limit | integer | not null default 10
max_msg_size | integer | not null default 64
max_reply_size | integer | not null default 16
max_attach_size | integer | not null default 0
max_replies | integer | not null default 10
max_attachments | integer | default 0
Indices: ix_users_account_name,
ix_users_blocked,
users_id_key

Do you need 2 other indices?

> Also, when these copies were made - before/after unsuccessful vacuum+lazy?

Surely before. :-))) Otherwise they would be almost useless for you.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

E-Mail: dyp(at)perchine(dot)com