RLS on catalog tables would be helpful

From: Alan Droege <adroege(at)perfectpractice(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, adroege(at)adclegal(dot)com
Subject: RLS on catalog tables would be helpful
Date: 2016-03-02 19:29:15
Lists: pgsql-general

I have removed SELECT rights from the pg_proc.prosrc column so that I
can hide
the source code of stored functions. This is working OK, however I
would really
like to just hide certain functions via RLS. I understand that great
damage could
be done to the system catalog by allowing users to mess with them,
however RLS
seems to be a great idea in this case.

Has this been thought about? Any plans to change in the future? I
know that
we could write certain functions in "c", and that their implementation
source would
be hidden....however that is not an option yet. We would desire the
PL/pgSQL code
of certain functions to be hidden ideally using RLS.

Thanks.