Re: exclusion query

From: "Oliveiros Cristina" <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)marktest(dot)pt>
To: "Louis-David Mitterrand" <vindex+lists-pgsql-sql(at)apartia(dot)org>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: exclusion query
Date: 2008-09-25 13:11:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, Louis-David,

I guess you already have your problem solved, but just for the sake of
curiosity, another
way to do it might be to tweak a little your original query, I've written on
Capitals the things I've added.
Should you need to exclude more than one event you can add the conditions to
the commented line (ORed )

Best,
Oliveiros

select distinct pt.type
from person_type pt
natural join person_to_event
join event e using (id_event)
LEFT JOIN event e2
ON e.id_event = e2.id_event
AND e2.id_event=219 -- put here the id of the event you wanna exclude
join event_type et
ON e.id_event_type = et.id_event_type
where et.type_fr='théâtre'
GROUP BY pt.type_fr