Re: PS: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the postmaster service to connect.

From: "Russell Black" <rblack(at)iarchives(dot)com>
To: "Jason Tishler" <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PS: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the postmaster service to connect.
Date: 2001-10-25 01:16:03
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Thank you!!!!

This worked.

I just added tcpip and LanmanWorkstation as dependencies, as below:

cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /usr/bin/postmaster --args "-i" --dep
ipc-daemon --dep LanmanWorkstation --dep tcpip --termsig INT --user
administrator --shutdown

There seemed to be some confusion over which service to depend upon, so I
depended on both. Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Russell