FW: Postgres alongside MS SQL Server

From: Anony Mous <A(dot)Mous(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FW: Postgres alongside MS SQL Server
Date: 2004-04-23 03:40:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

We've got some clients that are concerned about running Postgresql 7.3.4 on
a Win2k Server box, alongside MS SQL Server. I've been running pg on my XP
machines for a long time now (with cygwin) and never had any sort of
problem. The db is fast and stable.

Does anyone have any experience that would give some weight to our client's
concerns? Would there be any potential conflict between the postmaster and
MS SQL Server? Your experience and advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Peter