Re: Efficient Insert statement for one record into multiple

From: "Peter Neu" <peter(dot)neu(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "'Roland Walter'" <roland(dot)walter(dot)rwa(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Efficient Insert statement for one record into multiple
Date: 2006-12-19 10:18:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

the insertion within the same connection objects works just fine. ;o)
One thing which still keeps me thinking is how should I handle duplicate
key exceptions when it happens in the first insert? Should I just close
the connection object in the catch clause when this happens in the first
statement so the second statement hits an AlreadyClosedConnectionException?

Cheers,
Pete