UNICODE

From: "Per Aronsson" <per(at)mobilehits(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: UNICODE
Date: 2001-10-25 14:04:00
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

To enable localization of our new platform, we thought that saving all character strings as UNICODE would be a good idea. Even if the front-end (PHP) doesn't fully support UNICODE yet, we figured it's still good to have the database in that format, for the future. We have not installed mb_string.

We have created a UNICODE database and started experimenting with it (PostgreSQL)
./configure --enable-multibyte
createdb -E UNICODE me-e

My question is: do you need to convert strings to UTF-8 before adding them to the database, or is that done "automatically"?

Best regards,
Per Aronsson
mobilehits

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Joshua b. JoreDate: 2001-10-25 15:15:12