Re: odbc driver for 64 bit Windows XP?

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: <cohagan(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: odbc driver for 64 bit Windows XP?
Date: 2006-10-31 02:12:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Cohagan"

> I've read an archive thread from about a year ago which seems to conclude
> that there is no ODBC driver for Windows XP 64bit (and/or Win 2003 64 Bit).
> Has this situation changed in the last year?

Um, Present psqlODBC is done in the middle of the correspondence.
It was late for the reasons that securing the environment of development and
the test was difficult. However, Redhat(Linux 2.4.18-score#1 SMP) of IA64
can confirm operation now. Furthermore, Inoue-san has adjusted Windows-AMD64.
Current CVS does the correspondence.

> We are running an app under Win XP 64 and need to access a PostgreSQL 8.1.x
> database. Ideally we'd be running the database as a 64 bit app as well, but
> we could run it 32 bit if necessary (which appears also to be the case.) I
> don't see a way around the driver problem however.

What problem is it? I worry about 64 correspondences of each library of Openssl
and libpq and kerberos.

> If there is no 64 bit ODBC driver, are there any other options - other
> interfaces to PostgreSQL that *are* 64 bit?

If the confirmation of stability can be taken by us soon, it is likely to guide it.
Please note that it is a snap shot still version. It seems to take the time of the
confirmation to do them more than thinking.

P.S)
Can anyone try with windows of IA64?
Neither Inoue-san and me have not the environment......

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito