Re: [INTERFACES] C tuples (For V7 please, hackers!)

From: "John Huttley" <john(at)mwk(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] C tuples (For V7 please, hackers!)
Date: 1999-06-24 01:09:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I've been recently moving apps between databases and have found that the
major
limitation with postgresql is the inability of stored procedures to return a
record set.

The aim should be to be able to transparently replace a table with a stored
procedure.

This might mean supplementing the existing function mechanism with something
new.

IMHO, this is _more_important_  than removing the 8K tuple limit.

Regards,