Re: inserting/updating a field with the contents of a text file

From: "Phillip Smith" <phillip(dot)smith(at)weatherbeeta(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "'Lonni J Friedman'" <netllama(at)gmail(dot)com>, "'Richard Broersma Jr'" <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "'George Pavlov'" <gpavlov(at)mynewplace(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: inserting/updating a field with the contents of a text file
Date: 2007-09-25 03:18:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

> Actually the issue here is that i'm inserting build log snippets, so
> I'm never going to be 100% what will appear. Single quotes were
> definitely the issue the first time I hit this. Are there any other
> characters that are verboten, or just single quotes?

Backslash ('\') will also cause problems. Replace them with double-backslash
('\\')

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - Save paper if you don't really need to print this

*******************Confidentiality and Privilege Notice*******************

The material contained in this message is privileged and confidential to
the addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person, you may not copy
or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.

Information in this message that does not relate to the official business
of Weatherbeeta must be treated as neither given nor endorsed by Weatherbeeta.
Weatherbeeta, its employees, contractors or associates shall not be liable
for direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from transmission of this
message or any attachments
e-mail.