Re: Statistics Collector not collecting server activities

From: "Gnanakumar" <gnanam(at)zoniac(dot)com>
To: "'Guillaume Lelarge'" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Statistics Collector not collecting server activities
Date: 2010-03-31 10:51:12
Lists: pgsql-admin
After restarting PostgreSQL, I can see the following parameters are set to
ON:
mydb=# show stats_start_collector;
 stats_start_collector
-----------------------
 on
(1 row)

mydb=# show stats_start_collector;
 stats_start_collector
-----------------------
 on
(1 row)

mydb=# show stats_block_level;
 stats_block_level
-------------------
 on
(1 row)

mydb=# show stats_reset_on_server_start;
 stats_reset_on_server_start
 off
(1 row)

But still, if I query after performing heavy DML operations, I'm always
getting zero, even though there are INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE.
select pg_stat_get_tuples_inserted((select oid from pg_class where relname =
'mytable'));

Is there any other parameter I'm missing to make this work.